Superior Japanese Twin Room at Yumiya Komachi in Kyoto yumiya.komachi@gmail.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I got my blog!

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I finally got my blog and hope everybody can see how I am doing in Japan. It has already been for 3 months since I moved back to Japan. I still cannot believe that I am living in Kyoto now. I am doing well (especially eating well!) and meeting new people and visiting temples/shrines, eating fantastic Japanese foods, going to free markets, and wondering around Kyoto by my bicycle. Kyoto is  a fantastic place to live and visit. I am happy when I ride a bike along the Kamo River, clear water, birds are having bath or catching fishes, people are jogging, walking, or playing guitar, etc. Just peaceful. Anyway, I will try to update my status as much as I can from now on.

南禅寺 京都 Nanzenji, Kyoto
                                                 京都 南禅寺 Nanzenji, Kyoto
南禅寺 Nanzenji, Kyoto
東福寺 石庭 Tofukuji, Kyoto
                                                                      二条城 Nijo Castle, Kyoto
                                                                 南城宮の巫女 Shaman Woman : anciently meant a female shaman or spirit medium who conveyed oracles from spirits/god, and presently means a shrine maiden; virgin consecrated to a deity who serves at Shinto shrines.
東福寺 庭 Tofukuji Garden
城南宮に展示してあった見事な菊  Chrysanthemum
Kiku (Chrysanthemum) is the emblem of the Japanese royal family since Kamakura period (1192~)

絵馬 "Ema": Ema are small wooden plaques on which Shinto worshippers write their prayers or wishes and hang them at Shrines. In old time, people actually bring houses to shrines for pray for their wishes.
京都 Shirne, Kyoto
京都 青蓮院院門跡ライトアップ Shoreiin monzeki, Kyoto
保津川 京都 Hozu river, Kyoto

                                                       鴨川 Kamo River, Kyoto